The Coronation of His Majesty the King and Her Majesty the Queen Consort

Street parties

Planning on having a street party to celebrate?

You will need to apply to Leicestershire County Council if you want to close your street/road to traffic.

All fees associated with the legal application have been waived for The Kings Coronation and the application time has been reduced to 5 weeks. Please note this is only for The King’s Coronation and does not apply to other events.

If you wish to apply for a road closure or any other restrictions, the last day for submission is Friday 31 March 2023. Applications after this date may not be fulfilled.

Further Government advice on road closures for street parties can be found on the Government’s website.

If you wish to hold an event on Council-owned land, please contact the Harborough district events team before you make any arrangements to obtain the necessary permission.

Event enquiries should be emailed to: