'Lutterworth East' planning application submittedPublished Monday 11 March 2019
A major planning application has been submitted seeking to create 2,750 new homes, community facilities and employment space near Lutterworth.
The 550-acre development is on land east of the town and the M1 would include over 100 hectares of green space, two new primary schools and employment space to create around 2,500 jobs.
The site is identified in the Harborough Local Plan as a key area to accommodate new housing in the District, known as Lutterworth East strategic development area (SDA). Approximately 1,260 of the new homes are expected to be built by 2031 and the rest after 2031.
The scheme proposes:
- A Community Park, playing fields, allotments, woodland, trees and hedgerows and new ecological habitats
- Foot and cycle paths – connecting with Lutterworth town centre
- 23 hectares of retail and business space - creating up to 2,500 jobs
- Two new primary schools
- Improvements to main roads and junctions to increase capacity, a new M1 bridge, a new spine road to help reduce town centre traffic
- A community hub - with the potential for shops, restaurants, cafes, health centre and community hall
The application can be viewed online by searching for 19/00250/OUT on Harborough District Council’s planning online system, and representations can be made on the application via the planning online system.
The application is likely to be determined by HDC in the Summer of 2019, and will be considered in light of the relevant adopted Planning Policy at that stage, which is likely to include the new Local Plan which is currently moving towards adoption.
- More articles in the news archive