Chance to bid for share of £60k funding potPublished Wednesday 25 September 2019
Parishes, schools and community groups can now apply for a share of £60,000 to help fund projects within the Harborough District.
Harborough District Council has allocated £50,000 of their New Homes Bonus Money and £10,000 from the Harborough Lotto towards the Community Grant Fund for 2019/20.
Applicants can request a minimum of £1,000 (with the exception of environmental projects), and a maximum of £5,000.
Projects must bring benefits supporting community groups or projects in the Harborough District and meet one of Harborough District Council’s priority areas:
- Prevention of rural isolation
- Supporting arts and culture
- Improving the environment and or helping climate change
- Improvements to rural facilities
Cllr Michael Rickman, Harborough District Council’s grants lead, said: “This is a great opportunity to get projects off the ground; this grant has proven to have real benefits for residents across the whole district. I would encourage those who have a project that requires funding to apply and to visit the web page for full details.”
Who can apply
- Town/ Parish Councils or constituted Parish meeting
- Any constituted community/voluntary group working in the Harborough District
- Registered charities
- Schools with projects providing a demonstrable wider community benefit
Who cannot apply
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- Organisations promoting religious or political beliefs. However, places of worship are eligible where funding is for adaptation or improvement for community use
Applications for the Community Grant Fund will be accepted until Friday 20 December 2019.
Full details are available on the Harborough District Council website at www.harborough.gov.uk/community-grant-form
- More articles in the news archive