View Council planning meeting onlinePublished Friday 1 May 2020
Harborough District Council’s next planning meeting will be held ‘virtually’ and the public can follow the discussions online.
The next Planning Committee meeting will take place on Tuesday 12 May 2020 from 6.30pm and people will be able to view the meeting via a weblink which will be publicised on the Council website at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
Last month, local authorities were granted new powers by the Government to hold committee meetings remotely during the coronavirus pandemic.
This will be the second ‘virtual’ planning meeting Harborough District Council has held.
Applications being considered on the night are:
- 19/00646/FUL – Erection of a Class A1 Food Retail Store, with associated car parking, servicing and landscaping on land adjacent to A4303 Rugby Road, Lutterworth
- 19/00852/FUL – Demolition of agricultural buildings. Conversion and extensions to existing farm buildings to form six dwellings and extensions to the existing farmhouse at Hinch's Farm, Hallaton Road, Medbourne
- 19/01900/FUL – Removal of existing storage shed and erection of two dwellings with off-road parking and communal side garden on land opposite number 10 Harrod Drive, Market Harborough
- 20/00312/FUL – Conversion of agricultural building to five dwellings on land at Church Farm, Gaulby Road, Billesdon
The planning committee will consider applications on the night remotely, and registered speakers will be making representations via phone and audio only. Speakers have been asked to submit a written version of their statement as well.
It is a very full agenda, and not all decisions may be made. If the meeting is still ongoing at 9.30pm a vote will be taken to ascertain if the committee wishes to continue beyond that time or adjourn the meeting until another day. If a decision to continue beyond 9.30pm the meeting will conclude and be restarted.
Please note that you will not be able to view the meeting on Safari web browsers; please download Microsoft Edge on your device to view the meeting.
More information about the meeting including agenda and papers can be found here. More information about accessing the meeting will be available from Monday 11 May 2020 through this same link.
- More articles in the news archive