View Council planning meeting online – 16 June 2020Published Thursday 11 June 2020
Planning applications, previously discussed at a virtual planning committee which the public were unable to view live due to an issue with the web link, will be reconsidered.
It is a requirement that remote council meetings are available for public view; therefore the previous planning meeting, on 2 June 2020, did not satisfy regulations and, as a result, the planning applications will be reconsidered on Tuesday 16 June 2020 from 6.30pm.
The public will be able to view Tuesday’s meeting via a weblink which will be publicised on the Council website at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
Applications being considered on the night are:
- 19/01902/FUL – Erection of 33 dwellings with associated landscaping, highways and drainage infrastructure (revised scheme of 19/00099/FUL) at Bowden Fencing, Leicester Lane, Great Bowden
- 20/00004/FUL – Creation of a new external artificial sports pitch with associated features; including a Hockey Turf Pitch (HTP), an extended tennis/netball court, perimeter fencing with gated entrances and artificial floodlighting systems at the Robert Smyth Academy, Burnmill Road, Market Harborough
- 20/00540/FUL – Erection of a single storey rear extension at Ferndale House, Mill Hill Road, Arnesby, Leicestershire
- 20/00579/FUL – Change of use of land to cemetery including installation of close board fence Cemetery Ce3, at Main Street, Foxton, Leicestershire
The planning committee will consider applications on the night remotely, and registered speakers will be making representations via phone and audio only. Speakers will be asked to submit a written version of their statement as well.
People wanting to speak at the meeting should please register to do so by emailing email@example.com. Registrations cannot be carried over from the 2 June meeting as this is a new event.
If the meeting is still ongoing at 9.30pm a vote will be taken to ascertain if the committee wishes to continue beyond that time or adjourn the meeting until another day. If a decision is taken to continue beyond 9.30pm the meeting will conclude and be restarted.
Please note that you will not be able to view the meeting on Safari web browsers; please download Microsoft Edge on your device to view the meeting.
In April, local authorities were granted new powers by the Government to hold committee meetings remotely during the coronavirus pandemic.
The direct link to view the meeting can be found here - https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NzAxYTliZjctYmY1Mi00OTU1LWE2MTgtOTcxMDkwNGE5OGFl%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%2256632edb-098b-43f3-9e28-8985e98f5f89%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22df77c7d9-a82f-4c1a-a413-89475538b29c%22%2c%22IsBroadcastMeeting%22%3atrue%7d
- More articles in the news archive