Great local food and drink celebrated in Harborough districtPublished Monday 4 September 2023
Over 30 businesses enjoyed the launch of a brand new marketing campaign at Tugby restaurant, Café Ventoux.
The Taste the Place campaign, funded by Harborough District Council, promotes Harborough district’s award-winning traditional tastes, world cuisine, vegan food and drink offer with a first class selection of the best, local independent producers, restaurants, cafes, delis, farm shops, pubs, food festivals and more.
The campaign features:
- A new food and drink event calendar
- Taste Adventures in Leicester and Leicestershire - with itineraries, trails and interactive maps promoting some of the best local food and drink independents
- Pub and café walks - linking great places to eat before or after taking a local heritage walk
- An exciting new video that’s a taster of great eating experiences to discover here
- Business listings under the four themes - A Taste of England, The World on a Plate, Food for Thought and The Home of Veganism.
Cllr Geraldine Whitmore, Harborough District Council’s Cabinet lead for Culture, Leisure, Economy and Tourism, said: “We are pleased to develop this campaign that benefits businesses. There is a vast selection of local produce and great places serving delicious food and drink on our doorstep. Highlighting the breadth and diversity of choice makes it easier to encourage visitors to Harborough district.”
Harborough District Council secured £8,000 from the UK government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund to enable the delivery of this campaign across the Harborough district.
The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills. For more information, visit www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-shared-prosperity-fund-prospectus
- More articles in the news archive