Harborough district projects benefit from over £400kPublished Monday 2 October 2023
Over £400k has been handed out to a diverse range of community projects thanks to the district council.
Harborough District Council agreed, on 27 September 2023, to allocate funding to four projects in the Harborough district.
The projects are benefiting from Section 106 money which is provided by developers for community projects and social infrastructure in locations where new development has taken place.
The projects which successfully applied for funding are:
- Ullesthorpe Village Memorial Hall – received £65,303.20 for its community facilities scheme to refurbish and extend the memorial hall
- North Kilworth Parish Council – received £31,951 for its natural and semi natural green space scheme to enhance boardwalk and paths at North Kilworth Millennium Green
- Kibworth Beauchamp Parish Council – received £263,953.99 for its community facilities scheme to create a new community hub and redevelop the library
- Kibworth Scouts and Guides Building Committee – received £60,000 for its community facilities scheme to improve and expand facilities and services offered at Kibworth Scouts and Guides HQ, Fleckney Road, Kibworth.
Cllr Phil Knowles, Leader of Harborough District Council, said: “This is a significant amount of funding which we are absolutely delighted to be able to allocate to some cherished projects across the Harborough district where new development has taken place. I am excited to witness these forthcoming transformations that will undoubtedly revitalise communities for many years to come.”
Find out more details about grant applications on the council website at www.harborough.gov.uk/grants
- More articles in the news archive