Apply for share of £95k for community projectsPublished Tuesday 25 August 2015
A share of £95,000 for local projects is up for grabs by community groups, parish councils, schools and charities.
Harborough District Council is inviting applications for its Community Grant Fund, which replaces what was previously known as the New Homes Bonus District Wide Fund.
There is no upper or lower limit of how much can be applied for, as long as projects meet the relevant criteria.
Applications must meet one of Harborough District Council’s priority areas which are:
- To develop places in which to live and be happy.
- To provide the right public services to the right standard and deliver value for money.
- Encourage a vibrant and sustainable business community and employment opportunities.
- To support the vulnerable in our society at the heart of the communities where they live.
Examples of projects which might be considered are Improvements to recreation and play areas, defibrillators, scoping for neighbourhood plans, community resilience, support for vulnerable people such as luncheon clubs, or street furniture.
Projects able to secure match funding are actively encouraged.
Applications must be received by 23 October 2015, after which a grants panel will decide which applications should receive funding, and if part, or all, of the money should be allocated.
Cllr Rosita Page, the district council’s portfolio holder for communities, said: “I would like to encourage as many applications as possible to ensure that this grant stream benefits residents across the district.”
Full criteria details are available on the Harborough District Council website at www.harborough.gov.uk/community-grant-fund
- More articles in the news archive