Share views on Local Plan options by 30 October 2015Published Monday 14 September 2015
Harborough District Council is seeking public views on options for the new Local Plan, which will set out planning policies in the district for the period to 2031.
These policies are important when making decisions on planning applications, and the Local Plan will make sure development meets the council’s strategic priorities.
Harborough district’s new Local Plan is at an important stage of development, with a number of options being drawn up.
Harborough District Council is seeking the views of residents and businesses on these options to help shape the draft Local Plan.
The Local Plan Options consultation is taking place between 18 September and 30 October 2015.
The public will be able to make comments via the council’s website at www.harborough.gov.uk/consultation during the consultation period.
The Council also is running a series of drop-in ‘surgeries’ across the District. No need to book an appointment; just drop in to find out more about the Options consultation. There will be displays of maps and information, and staff will be on-hand to help answer your questions about either the consultation or how to respond.
The surgeries will all run from 12 noon to 7pm. The locations and dates of the surgeries are as follows:
- Wednesday 30th September - Council Chamber, The Symington Building (Adam and Eve Street, Market Harborough, LE16 7AG)
- Thursday 1st October - Kibworth Cricket Club (Fleckney Road, Kibworth, LE8 0HG)
- Wednesday 7th October – Wycliffe Rooms (George Street, Lutterworth, LE17 4ED)
- Wednesday 14th October – Scraptoft Village Hall, (Scraptoft Rise, Scraptoft, LE7 9TF)
Printed copies of the Options consultation document can also be viewed at; all the public libraries in the District; Lutterworth Town Council offices; Broughton Astley Parish Council offices; Great Glen Parish Council offices and at Customer Services at The Symington Building, Market Harborough (addresses and opening hours below):
- Broughton Astley Library, Main Street, Broughton Astley, Leics, LE9 6RD (Open: Mon: 10:00-17:00, Tues 10:00-17:00, Thurs: 13:00-18:00, Fri: 10:00-17:00, Sat: 10:00-15:00)
- Fleckney Library, School Street, Fleckney, Leicestershire, LE8 8AS (Open: Mon: 14:00-19:00, Thurs: 14:00-17:00, Fri: 9:00-13:00, Sat: 10:00-13:00)
- Great Glen Library, Ruperts Way, Great Glen, Leicestershire, LE8 9GR (Open: Mon: 14:00-17:00, Tues: 14:00-19:00, Thurs: 10:00-12:00, Sat: 10:00-13:00)
- Kibworth Library, Paget Street, Kibworth, Leicestershire, LE8 0HW (Open: Mon: 12:00-19:00, Weds: 14:00-17:00, Fri: 9:00-13:00 & 14:00-17:00, Sat: 10:00-13:00)
- Lutterworth Library, George Street, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4ED (Open: Mon: 10:00-17:00, Tues: 13:00-18:00, Thurs: 10:00-17:00, Fri: 10:00-17:00, Sat: 10:00-15:00)
- Market Harborough Library, The Symington Building, Adam and Eve Street, Market Harborough LE16 7LT (Open: Tues: 10:00-18:00, Weds: 10:00-18:00, Thurs: 10:00-18:00, Fri: 10:00-18:00, Sat: 10:00-16:00)
- Evington Library, 200 Evington Lane, Leicester, LE5 6DH : Monday 10am - 6.30pm , Tuesday 10am - 6.30pm, Wednesday 10am - 6.30pm, Thursday 10am - 6.30pm , Friday 10am - 5pm, Saturday 10am - 4pm.
- Mobile Library 3 (Market Harborough) Please see Leicestershire County Council website for dates and route at http://www.leics.gov.uk/harborough_libraries
- Mobile Library 4 (Lutterworth) Please see Leicestershire County Council website for dates and route at http://www.leics.gov.uk/harborough_libraries
- Lutterworth Town Council Office, Coventry Road, Lutterworth, Leics LE17 4SH (Open: 9.00-15:30 Monday to Friday)
- Broughton Astley Parish Council Office, Village Hall, Station Road, Broughton Astley, LE9 6PT (Open: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9:00-13:00)
- Customer Services, Harborough District Council, The Symington Building, Adam and Eve Street, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 7AG (Open: Mon/Tues/Thu/Fri: 8.45-17:00 Wed: 9.30-17:00)
- Great Glen Parish Council Offices, Glendale House, 1 Church Road, Great Glen, Leics, LE8 9FE: Monday from 1pm to 5pm, Tuesday and Thursday morning between 9:30 am and 1:30 pm
In addition, printed copies of all the background evidence documents will be available to view at Customer Services, The Symington Building and at Lutterworth Town Council Offices (addresses and opening hours as above).
- More articles in the news archive