Feel Good Friday – 20 May 2016Published Thursday 21 April 2016
Yoga sessions, cake and a cuppa, colouring-in for grown-ups, and a short walk are all part of a special day dedicated to celebrating positive mental health.
The free event – being held at The Symington Building in Market Harborough – encourages people to come along and learn more about activities to help maintain and improve good mental health.
About a quarter of the population will experience some kind of mental health problem in the course of a year, with mixed anxiety and depression the most common mental disorder in Britain.
Also, depression affects one in five older people and one in ten children and young people are affected by a mental health condition.
The event – organised by Harborough District Council’s Active Together team – will take place on Friday 20 May 2016 in the Council Chamber. People can just drop in to the event, although some sessions require booking.
Free sessions on the day include:
- Mindfulness – engage directly with an experience without the influence of thoughts and emotions (9.30am-10.30am and 11am-12noon – booking necessary)
- Cake and Colour – enjoy some colouring-in regardless of your age (11.30am-3.30pm)
- Midday Walk – A short walk for all abilities. Meet at 12.15pm outside The Symington Building
- Dementia Friends – Learn more about dementia and how you can help, and become a Dementia Friend (1pm-2pm – booking necessary)
- Yoga –Beginners taster session (2.15pm-3.15pm – booking necessary)
Refreshments will be provided during the event.
To book sessions or for more information email email@example.com or contact Active Together on 01858 828282.
- More articles in the news archive