Decisions made at Executive meeting – 20 March 2017Published Tuesday 21 March 2017
The outcomes of items considered at Harborough District Council’s Executive meeting on Monday 20 March 2017 are as follows:
- Lutterworth Town Football Club received a welcome boost to its future goals after councillors agreed a new 27 year lease of the land at Dunley Way in Lutterworth to Lutterworth Town Football Club. It is anticipated the decision can kickstart plans for the football club to secure grant funding from the Football Foundation to improve its facilities, which will support the long term future of the club.
- Allotment holders in Lutterworth will be able to continue to use the De Verdon Road site for another year. The existing lease was due to expire in September 2017. Councillors agreed a new arrangement with the Town Council which will see the site used until December 2018.
- Tourism opportunities will continue to be promoted and developed in the district. Councillors agreed that the dedicated tourism service, funded through a partnership with tourism organisation Leicestershire Promotions, would continue for a further two years.
- Improvement work is set to be carried out to replace the ageing service lift at the rear of The Symington Building in Adam and Eve Street, Market Harborough. Executive councillors appointed a contractor to undertake the work following a tender process.
- More articles in the news archive