Remembrance events in the districtPublished Wednesday 8 November 2017
A number of Remembrance events to pay tribute to servicemen and women lost in conflict will be held in the Harborough district.
- Two minute silence at the Memorial Gardens gates on Saturday 11 November 2017 at 11am on The Square, Market Harborough. Maroons (ie. rockets) will be fired to signify the beginning and end of the two minutes silence.
- The Church Square entrance to The Symington Building will be open between 10.40am and 11.15am on Saturday 11 November 2017 to enable members of the public, who have relatives or colleagues named, to view the Roll of Honour in the foyer.
- The Royal British Legion will hold a commemoration at the War Portico in Coventry Road in Market Harborough at 2pm and a Sunset Ceremony in the Memorial Gardens in Market Harborough at 4pm, both on the 11 November 2017.
- Sunday 12 November 2017 at 10am – A Remembrance service will be held at St Dionysius Church followed by a parade to The Square for wreath laying at 11am
- The Lutterworth Branch of the Royal British Legion is holding two minute silence on 11 November 2017 at 11am at the War Memorial in Lutterworth.
- Remembrance service at St Mary’s Parish Church in Lutterworth at 10.30am on Sunday 12 Nov 2017, followed by wreath laying (on behalf of HDC) at the war memorial in Lutterworth.
Harborough District Council's Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Armed Forces Champion will be attending the events to represent the council.
- More articles in the news archive