Solar Together Harborough
Buying solar panels and battery storage made easy
Harborough District Council declared a climate emergency in 2019. The Council has committed to reducing its own emission to net zero, as far as practically possible, by 2030. We also want to support residents, businesses, and communities in Harborough District to reduce their emissions too.
Solar Together provides a fantastic opportunity to benefit from the group buying power to get the best deal on solar panels, providing renewable energy and which will help fight climate change.
Harborough District Council has partnered with independent experts in group-buying, iChoosr Ltd, to bring this opportunity to Harborough’s homeowners.
Solar Together Harborough is an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage. It is a group-buying scheme, which brings Harborough households together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price, helping you through the process and keeping you informed at every stage.
Solar PV installations are considered a 'permitted development' and will generally not need planning permission. However, in some cases, such as in Conservation Areas and on Listed Buildings, planning permission may be required. For planning advice please Visit: https://www.harborough.gov.uk//when-planning-permission-is-needed
Do you already have solar panels installed? You can also register to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels to maximise the benefits of your system.
You can register today at solartogether.co.uk/Harborough
How does it work?
1. Registration: you can register before 14 June for free and without obligation at www.solartogether.co.uk/Harborough. To register, you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
2. Auction: an ‘auction’ will be held on 14 June, where our pre-vetted solar installers will submit bids for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household. The installer with the most competitive package will win the auction.
3. Personal recommendation: from 4 July, you will be emailed your personal recommendation based on your registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your system.
4. You decide: the decision is then yours whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You will have 6 weeks to decide and will be invited to an information session.
5. Installation: if you accept, the winning installer will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed within 6 months of your acceptance.
Telephone and email support are on-hand throughout the whole process, which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
Find out more
For more information, visit www.solartogether.co.uk/Harborough where you can register for the scheme and get in touch with our helpdesk.
iChoosr was founded in 2008 and is privately owned by two co-founders. Before it entered the UK energy market in 2012, it focused on group-buying schemes in the Netherlands and Belgium. It now works with community leaders helping households select energy and solar power suppliers. As in the UK, its operations continue to grow across Europe, North America and Japan.