Alcohol and entertainment licences

Individuals or organisations which provide certain licensable activities, such as selling alcohol, providing regulated entertainment, or supplying late-night refreshment, must hold licences to authorise these activities, under the Licensing Act 2003. For more infromation, click on the links provided on the left hand side of this page.

Large-scale events

Most large outdoor events which include licensable activities will need to be authorised by a premises licence. As part of the event planning process, we also advise event organisers to visit our Event Toolkit, which will outline our event notification process. The Event Safety Group is made iis a multi-agency body  made up of the statutory bodies with responsibility for public safety, including the police, fire and ambulance services, the highways authority, and regulatory departments at Harborough District Council.