Bulky waste collection
We can collect up to 3 large household items or 12 sacks of waste for a charge of £37.16 - all payments must be made in advance of this service being carried out. No refunds are provided for collections that are cancelled.
When and how we will make a collection?
Bulky Waste collections are scheduled throughout the district 4 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) with 6 slots per day. The day on which your bulky waste will be collected will be dependent on your regular bin collection day, you will be informed when the next available slot is by our Customer Services Team.
- Collections will take place on the date confirmed between 7am and 5pm.
- Items must be placed outside your property by 7am on the day of collection. Collection teams cannot enter your property (including garages or sheds) to collect items.
- Items must be placed in an accessible place at the front of your property.
Items that can be collected
Items that can be collected include:
- Domestic appliances (fridges and freezers must be empty)
- General household waste
- Children’s' toys
Items that cannot be collected
Items that cannot be collected and should be taken to a recycling and household waste site include:
- Fixed items such as kitchen units, boilers, fires, fireplaces and radiators
- DIY waste, soil, brick rubble
- Large pianos
- Sheds and fencing
- Bagged garden waste
- Carpet or underlay
- Commercial fridges/freezers
This list shows examples of items that cannot be collected through this service and is not an exhaustive list.
You can take large waste items to your local recycling and waste site (tip).