The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
This includes a package of measures to support businesses including:
- a statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief (SBRR) or rural rate relief (RRR)
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
If your business is eligible for SBRR or rural rate relief, you will be contacted by the Business Rates Team – you do not need to apply.
If your enquiry is urgent, please email email@example.com
This information is accurate as of 1pm on 19th March. Please check the GOV.UK page for more information and updates.
You can also visit the LLEP Business Gateway website for information and to get in touch with a business adviser.
Get in touch with our team.
Harborough District Council can offer support on a wide range of topics for businesses across the district. Whether you are starting up a new business, expanding your company or thinking of relocating to Harborough, have a look at what support we can offer using the pages below.
Get in touch to arrange a one-to-one meeting with a team member where we can provide you with a range of advice:
- Funding Opportunities
- How to access finance
- Growing your business
- Premises available
- Wellbeing at work
- Brexit Updates
Sign up to the Harborough Business Update, our enewsletter which keeps you up to date on all of the latest business news, grants, events and more.