Council Tax Reduction - definitions

Care Workers

Carers disregard form

For the purposes of council tax, you would be considered a care worker provided you satisfy these conditions.

A care worker must be:

  • Providing care or support through a connection with the Crown, a charity or a local authority
  • Employed for at least 24 hours a week
  • Paid no more than £44 per week and
  • Resident where the care is given or in premises which have been provided for the better performance of the work.

To apply for a care workers discount, please contact Customer Services to request an application form.