Council Tax Reduction - definitions
For the purposes of council tax, you would be considered a carer if you are:
- Providing care for a person who is entitled to one of these benefits:
- a higher rate of Attendance Allowance
- the highest rate of the Care Component of Disability Living Allowance
- an increased Disablement Pension
- an increased Constant Attendance Allowance and
- resident in the same property as the person who is receiving care and
- providing care for at least 35 hours a week on average and
- not a spouse of the person being cared for or a parent caring for their child who is under 18 years of age.
(for the purpose of Council Tax, couples living together are treated as married couples).