Council Tax bands and your bill
Understanding your bill
Council Tax is used to pay for local services. There is one Council Tax bill for every property whether it is owned or rented, and whether it is a house, bungalow, flat, maisonette, mobile home or houseboat.
The full amount of Council Tax that you have to pay is made up of a number of separate charges made by separate authorities.
- Find out where your money goes - download guides to Council Tax and how it is calculated
- Download Information on payments, valuation bands, appeals and discounts Council Tax explanatory notes 2020/21
- View your Council Tax account online using My Services.
- Find out more about the My Services account
- Council Tax Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Sample Council Tax bill - exaplained