Taxi Vehicle Licence
Renewal applications should be returned to the Regulatory Services and Licensing Team by:
- email email@example.com or
- post to Regulatory Services and Licensing Team
Applications for new vehicles need to be made in person at our office by booking an appointment with our Customer Services Team on 01858 828282 (option 8). You must bring original documents.
The following supporting documents should be submitted with your renewal/initial application form.
- The Registration document (V5)/bill of sale: The minimum engine size currently allowed for private hire vehicles is 1274cc.
- Insurance certificate/cover note: . The insurance must be for driving a taxi and cover must start, at the latest, from the date and time on which the vehicle is being tested.
- Initial Vehicle Mechanical Inspection (Enhanced MOT). Vehicles are subject to a mechanical inspection to ensure they meet our standards. These tests are to a higher specification than an MOT. Find out where to get your vehicle tested.
- The full fee: The current fee for applications is £280 plus £20 for the initial vehicle plate. This can be paid by phone on 01858 828282 (option 4).