Alcohol and entertainment premises licence


Apply for a premises licence online


If you have a problem downloading the application form, right click the download link and choose “Save link as” and save to your computer. Then go to the file, right click and choose “Open with Adobe”.

View the charges for premises licence applications.

Please read the premises licence guidance notes carefully before completing the application form and give careful thought as to what steps you will take to promote the four licensing objectives as anything you specify in the operating schedule will be included as conditions on the premises licence. The plan should be to scale 1:100cm and this should be clearly indicated on the plan itself.

Requirement to copy application to responsible authorities

The licensing authority must copy electronic applications, made via GOV.UK or its own facility, to responsible authorities no later than the first working day after the application is given. However, if an applicant submits any part of their application in writing, the applicant will remain responsible for copying it to responsible authorities (see below).

To ensure that your premises licence application is valid, if you have submitted all or part of your application in writing, you must send copies of your application form and all of the accompanying documents to:

  • The Leicestershire Constabulary, The Chief Officer of Police, The Licensing Section, Mansfield House, 74 Belgrave Gate, Leicester, LE1 3GG
  • The Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service, The Chief Fire Officer Risk Management, Southern Fire Station, Meridian Business Park, Meridian East, Leicester, LE19 1WZ
  • Trading Standards, Business Services, County Hall, Glenfield, Leicestershire, LE3 8RN
  • NHS Leicesterhsire and Rutland, County Hall, Glenfield, Leicestershire, LE38NA
  • Alcohol and Licensing Team, Home Office, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2BY or

Immigration checks

New rules were introduced on 6 April 2017 which require immigration checks to be carried out on individuals and partnerships applying for a premises licence. This is why an application must be sent to the Home Office.