Bulky waste collection
Change to the Bulky Waste Collection Service: December 2022.
Landfill rules for domestic seating including, sofas, chairs and upholstery are changing now.
The Environment Agency has issued guidance regarding the disposal of Waste Upholstered Domestic Seating (WUDs) containing Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs). From 1st January 2023 this waste will no longer be accepted at landfill and must be destroyed through incineration. To comply with the guidance Councils need to make changes to how this waste is collected and disposed/treated.
Find out more about this change on our News page.
We can collect up to 3 large household items or 12 sacks of waste for a charge - all payments must be made in advance of this service being carried out. No refunds are provided for collections that are cancelled. You can find out the cost of our bulky waste collection service on the fees and charges webpage.
To book a bulky waste collection please call our contact centre on 01858 828282.
When and how we will make a collection?
Bulky Waste collections are scheduled throughout the district 4 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday). You will be informed when the next available slot is by our Customer Services Team.
- Collections will take place on the date confirmed between 7am and 5pm.
- Items must be placed in an accessible location outside the front of your property by 7am on the day of collection. Collection teams cannot enter your property (including garages or sheds) to collect items
Items that can be collected
Items that can be collected include:
- Domestic appliances (fridges and freezers must be empty)
- General household waste
- Children’s' toys
Items that cannot be collected
Items that cannot be collected and should be taken to a recycling and household waste site include:
- Fixed items such as kitchen units, boilers, fires, fireplaces and radiators
- DIY waste, soil, brick rubble
- Large pianos
- Sheds and fencing
- Bagged garden waste
- Carpet or underlay
- Commercial fridges/freezers
This list shows examples of items that cannot be collected through this service and is not an exhaustive list.
You can take large waste items to your local recycling and waste site (tip).