Noise and nuisance

Other legislation

In certain circumstances a complaint may be dealt with under the Anti-social Behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2014 where there is a continuous, detrimental effect on the community. This legislation can be used by the police, the council and, in some circumstances, housing associations. It contains a number of provisions such as civil injunctions, criminal behaviour orders and Community Protection Notices (CPN). Failure to comply with a CPN may lead to a fixed penalty notice or prosecution.

The officer dealing with your complaint will be aware of all pieces of legislation available to deal with your complaint and will use the most appropriate and effective legislation under the specific circumstances.