Free workshop for entrepreneurs and start-ups in Harborough districtPublished Thursday 13 October 2022
Starting in Business Programme delivered by NBV at Harborough Innovation Centre.
Do you have the desire to be your own boss and start your own business? Perhaps you have a certain skill or idea that you’d like to develop into a real business opportunity.
Then don’t miss the free Starting in Business Programme delivered by NBV at Harborough Innovation Centre. The event is open to anyone, whether you have already started your business or if you are just starting to consider self-employment.
The three-day course, is taking place on Monday 31 October, Tuesday 1 November and Monday 7 November, and will teach you everything you need to know about getting started in business. It can help you to decide whether starting a business is the right decision for you, and if so then you will have all the tools to get started.
The workshop will cover:
- Knowledge, skills, and characteristics needed by business owners.
- Creating and developing a sustainable business.
- Marketing your business
- Choosing the right, trading status for you
- Your legal responsibilities as a business owner
- Overview of all types of business taxes and how they will affect you
- Understanding how the tax system in the UK works.
- Record keeping and business banking requirements.
- Start up and running costs.
- Planning your personal survival budget.
- How to price your product or service.
- Importance of cash flow forecasting in any business.
- Structure of a business plan
- The dos and don’ts for putting any plan together
Cllr Phil King, Leader of Harborough District Council, said: “This is a superb opportunity for budding entrepreneurs to find guidance and gain the skills they need to successfully start-up their own business.
“Harborough district is a key location for businesses to start, invest, expand, and prosper and I would encourage anyone who is new to business ownership or would like to explore the possibility of launching a business to sign up to this free workshop. Harborough District Council is offering this free course as part of it's ongoing & long-term priorities to support enterprise and to boost economic growth across the district".
This programme is part funded through the European Regional Development Fund. Harborough District Council’s Economic Development team have organised the workshop to be delivered face-to-face locally to provide residents with this fantastic opportunity.
Date: Monday 31 October, Tuesday 1 November and Monday 7 November 2022
Time: 9:30am – 3:30pm
Location: Harborough Innovation Centre, Airfield Business Park, Leicester Road, Market Harborough, LE16 7WB
Book here: https://nbv.co.uk/training_and_events/growing-enterprise-starting-in-business-programme-harborough-innovation-centre/
Free one to one support and guidance for start-up and established businesses is also available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
Sign up to the Harborough Business Bulletin to stay up to date on business news, support, grants, events and more: https://www.harborough.gov.uk/businessnews
- More articles in the news archive