Street trading licence
If you trade in the street you may require street trading consent. There are restrictions on any kind of trading in certain streets in Market Harborough and Lutterworth.
It is an offence to trade in areas where restrictions apply without the proper consent being granted.
If you have a problem downloading the application form, right click the download link and choose “Save link as” and save to your computer. Then go to the file, right click and choose “Open with Adobe”.
The fee for a street trading licence is £800 (annual charge) or £90 (daily charge).
We will process your application within 45 working days of receipt. The application has to go out for a 28 day consultation with relevant authorities during this time.
There is no right of appeal against our decision for refusing to grant a street trading licence or consent.
Market Harborough Consent Streets
You can apply to trade in the following streets in Market Harborough:
- Abbey Street
- Adam and Eve Street
- Church Square
- Church Street
- Coventry Road (all points east of junction with School Lane)
- Factory Lane
- High Street (all points south of road narrowing adjacent to Bowden Lane)
- Manor Walk
- Northampton Road (north of Harborough market site and car park and including bus
- St Mary’s Road (east of junction with Kettering Road)
- The Square
Market Harborough Prohibited Streets
The following streets in Market Harborough cannot be used for trading (please do not submit applications for these streets):
- Bowden Lane
- Coventry Road (between junctions with Fairfield Road and School Lane)
- Doddridge Road
- Fairfield Road (south of junction with Abbey Street)
- Kings Head Place
- Kings Road (south of junction with Doddridge Road)
- Martin’s Yard
- Mill Hill Road
- Northampton Road (south of Harborough market site to junction with Springfield Street)
- Roman Way
- School Lane
Lutterworth Consent Streets
You can apply to trade in the following streets in Lutterworth:
- Bell Street
- Market Street
- Station Road (west of junction with Bell Street)
Lutterworth Prohibited Streets
The following streets in Lutterworth cannot be used for trading (please do not submit applications for these streets):
- Baker Street
- Bank Street
- Bitteswell Road (all points south of junction with Guthlaxton Avenue)
- Chapel Street
- Churchill close
- Church Street
- Coventry Road (all points east of junction with Churchill Close)
- George Street
- Gilmorton Road (all points south of west of junction with Gladstone Street)
- High Street (all points north of junction with The Hollow)
- Lower Leicester Road (all points south of junction with Gilmorton Road)
- Regent Street
- Station Street (east of junction with Bell Street)
- Walker Manor Court
- Woodbine Crescent
Laybys within the Harborough district
You can apply to trade in some laybys, others are prohibited.
List of consent laybys (doc, 46KB)
List of prohibited laybys (doc, 13KB)
List of Street Traders in Harborough district
Name of Trader
A426 Layby Lutterworth Road Dunton Bassett. Monday to Friday from 7am until 2pm
Grid Reference SP716909 - Layby Between Gallowfield Road And The Garage/McDonalds Roundabout.
Grid Ref - SP587838 - Layby On A4304 Lutterworth Road
What 3 Words Skips.untrained.resonated Layby On A426 Rugby Road, LE17 4HN