Paying your Council Tax

Wrong Council Tax bill queries

If you think your council tax bill is wrong, please email us at

Please remember to include your name, address, and council tax account reference number as shown on your bill in the email you send to us.

If the amount of Council Tax you have to pay changes during the year, perhaps because you start receiving a discount or benefits, you will get a new bill. This will tell you what the new amount for the year is and what instalments you now have to pay.

You must continue to pay the amounts set out in your original bill until you are sent a new bill.