Weather Information & Warnings
Keeping cool in hot weather
As our climate changes, hot spells are expected to be more frequent and more intense. If hot weather hits this summer, make sure it does not harm you or anyone you know. The heat can affect anyone, but some people are at greater risk from it.
Find out more about keeping cool, how to look out for heat related illnesses, ways to stay safe and much more Tips for keeping cool in hot weather - Met Office
- Met Office Severe Weather Warnings - advance warning of extreme weather conditions
- Government updates and advice on winter weather conditions.
- Harborough FM (102.3 FM) - information on school closures and travel disruption
- BBC Leicester website - information on school and college closures
Information and advice on staying warm during winter are available from:
Read information about government payments and schemes:
Gritting of primary and secondary roads within the district when weather conditions may prove hazardous is the responsibility of Leicestershire County Council. The gritting routes include A and B roads, some C class roads, major commuter routes, major bus routes and, as far as is possible, at least one route through all Leicestershire villages.
The County Council also provide grit bins for public use on roads and pavements in potentially dangerous areas.
- Leicestershire gritting route map
- @LeicsCountyHall on Twitter - gritting updates and general winter advice during bad weather
- Leicestershire County Council web site - information about disruption to services during bad weather, including bus services, library closures, and social services
Leicestershire County Council manage pavements in the district. Report a path that needs clearing of snow or ice to Leicestershire County Council.