Report an issue with noise, smoke, smells or light

Audible intruder alarms and keyholder registration

If you have an audible intruder alarm at your home please consider registering it with the council and providing details of keyholders that could gain access to your home in the event of the alarm causing a nuisance.

The council have powers to deal with noise from intruder alarms that are causing nuisance and may be forced to take formal action to disable the alarm if they are unable to contact the householder.

There may be many reasons for an alarm sounding but the likely source of nuisance is often when there is a defect and the alarm is sounding consistently. This can sometimes occur when householders are at work or on holiday.

If the council has to take action to disable the alarm, this will come at a cost so it is therefore in everyone’s interest to resolve the problem informally. This is why we suggest that you supply details of two key holders that ideally live locally and can gain access to your home promptly if required.

How to register an audible intruder alarm

Please complete our audible intruder alarm keyholder registration form.

Completed forms should be emailed to or posted to Regulatory Services, The Symington Building, Adam & Eve Street, Market Harborough, LE16 7AG.

Update your keyholder details

If you have already completed a registration and wish to update your keyholder details, please download, complete and submit a new form.