Here are some of the things that can help you to reduce waste emissions:
- Use your local library to borrow books, dvds, and e-books. Visit: Libraries | Leicestershire County Council
- Donate unwanted clothes, books and furniture to charity shops.
- Buy sustainable clothing or good quality products which will last longer than cheaper fabrics. Cotton is usually better quality and is easier to recycle.
- Check recycling information printed on products and packaging to ensure you are recycling as much as you can.
- You can also recycle items at your local household waste recycling centre. Find out where they are by visiting: Find a recycling and household waste site | Leicestershire County Council
- Cut down on your single-use items such as coffee cups, cling-film, razors, nappies and face wipes with re-useable and waste-free alternatives.
- Look out for product refills instead of replacing jars and soap dispensers. - Crack down on fly-tipping in Harborough district. Always use a licensed waste removal company or sign up to Harborough District Council’s large waste collection service, which allows for up to 3 large household items or 12 sacks of waste to be collected for a charge of £35.04