Help for rough sleepers in the district

If you are a member of the public and you see someone sleeping rough in our district you can report it online through Streetlink. Streetlink is the national rough sleeping reporting mechanism which enables members of the public to quickly connect rough sleepers to local services. These referrals come directly to the Harborough Housing Team.

If you are an agency worker then you can connect to us through the Duty to Refer.

If you are concerned about someone's safety or welfare, you can report people who are rough sleeping to the police by calling 101 or you can call the council on 01858 82 82 82 during office hours.

If the Housing Team are made aware of someone sleeping rough then we have some options to help them to find housing, this could be by assisting them to move into their own property or by helping them to move to a supported hostel. We can also help to sort out benefits to ensure that everyone has an income. No one should have to live on the streets or be begging if they are working with the council.

We know that there are lots of reasons why someone might become homeless or not being able to live in their home anymore, you may find more useful information in the links at the bottom on this page. You can also find out more information if you do not feel safe in your own home.

Annual Survey:

We carry out a survey of statutory/voluntary agencies and faith groups each year to establish the level of rough sleeping in the district and also send an estimate of rough sleeping to the Government. We are pleased to report that the number of rough sleepers seen in Harborough District throughout the year is very low.

We do offer a housing advice service to anyone in the district who is at risk of rough sleeping and in extreme weather conditions, we assist rough sleepers to find accommodation.