Bins and collections information
Bin collections information
All properties will receive an alternate weekly bin collection as follows:
- Green bin and blue-lidded bin collected one week
- Black bin collected the following week
Wheeled bins must be presented at the edge of your property by 7am.
Harborough District Council provides all households with three wheeled bins:
- Black bin - for non-recyclable materials
- Blue-lidded bin - for recyclable materials
- Green bin - for loose garden waste such as grass cuttings, twigs and small branches, weeds, leaves, flowers and plants, and hedge clippings.
Please note that collection of the green bin for Garden Waste is a chargeable subscription service.
The size of the wheeled bins can vary due to the number of people living in the household on a permanent basis.
Items that cannot be collected
Items that cannot be collected in your wheeled bins include:
- Household batteries
- Batteries for vehicles
- Oil and waste liquids
- Chemicals including acids and solvents
- Soil, rubble and construction waste
- Furniture and bulky items
- Electrical items
- Gas bottles
This is not a complete list of items that cannot be collected. You may be able to dispose of these items at your nearest Recycling and Waste site (tip).